Friday 6 August 2004

What is the Question?

Always had my doubts as to the justifiability of blogging... but since I am as yet unable to come up with a coherent argument against it, I suppose I shall suspend judgment on it for now. Your invitation caught me just in time Ed =)


Rai


"Genuine knowledge of a fundamental question , thorough understanding of it, is better than blindness to it, or indifference to it, be that indifference or blindness accompanied by knowledge of answers to a vast number of peripheral or ephemeral questions or not."

Leo Strauss, What is Political Philosophy? (1975)


"The least knowledge one can have of the highest things is more desirable than the most certain knowledge one has of the lowest things."

St. Thomas Acquinas, Summa Theologica (1273)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace!