Friday 13 August 2004

Drums and Stuff *per rum per pum pum*

Interesting thing that's I've come to noticed is that the CSE, that's Computer Science and Engineering to you, faculty has named all the computer labs after musical instrumens except for labs 'Moog" which is a synth and "Leaf" which I take to be music terminology meaning 'page'.

Appropiately I'm now @ drum09 and the keyboard seems to be appropiately well worn out...must be all the drumming.

Anyways waiting for the computer graphics lecture to start and meanwhile, still trying to settle school administrative stuff as well as look for furniture or more importantly, bedding, for the new place. Signing of the lease takes place at 5pm, and before that gotta go make out a cheque for AU$1890 which translates to 5 weeks of rent and a $15 application fee surcharge. Geeez that's alotta money!

Lunch was quite satisfying and one thing I like about Sydney is the level of customer service (read freebies) that Chinese restaurants give here. Once you've sat down, even for one miserly person like me, that place on your table one teapot of very lovely Chinese tea and a nice bowl of soup as entrees to start you off.

I ordered 'Seafood Fried Noodle' and it turned out to be 'Seafood San Mee' for those Singaporean enuff to know what's that. Gotta be the most that I've ever spent for 'San Mee' ; A whoooping $11.80! Oh well, seafood here in Australia IS pricey after all, but still I had expected it to be under $10. Anyways, quite the best $11.80 I've spent so far for a meal. Big portions, scallops, prawns, fish, squid and nice soggy/fried noodles! Ahhhhh.......gotta get myself some Chinese tea too man, how's that for knowing my roots!

HCI lab yesterday was migty interesting and it's also far more intrigueing and ingenius now that I've realised that since there is only ONE HCI lab with 20 PowerMac G4s and 323 students enrolled in the course it now makes sense that labs are every fortnight just so that everyone in the course gets a chance to use the HCI lab. Now using the lab is important, because one of the assignments is to do a heuristic evaluation of the MacOS. Did I mention that this course is fun fun fun? I'm soooo a Mac convert now....well even more so after using the MacOS.

*sings* All I want for christmas is a PowerBookG5...Oh while you're at it Santa, I want a Ipod G4 too!

Over@Drum: Anglofied Cheenah Speaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace!