Tuesday 17 August 2004

Back Aches and More

Just submitted my first assignment for UNSW (COMP 3511 HCI Assignment 1)..

Sighs, not a really good start really, gotta make some device that triggers an audio message of "DO NOT PROCASTINATE !!" everytime I enter my room or something.

My back really really aches now due to the fact that I've been sitting on the floor for 6 hours now using a milk crate as a table....

The boxes from Brissie came this morning, so I've got all my stuff now...well except for the stuff that I had to leave behind because they were too big, like the ironing board, my set of knives (think 20+?), 2 plates that have endured my cooking the last 5 months. One of my boxes...well the plastic tupperware big crate thing is broken...so gotta call the office tomorrow and complain about it. Would have done that today but I've actually got no phone installed yet, but the phone line's been up since 5pm! Whoopee....people can call me but I won't know nor can I answer?

Oh but nobody knows the number yet, well except the housemate and another person...not that my housemate wants to call me...

It's been pouring around here the last few days, and just a few hours ago a storm was brewing and I heard a clap of thunder. Jumped right outta my skin since there rarely is thunder back in Brissie!

Because it was raining, I caught a bus to school for the International Office focus group thing that I signed up for. The bus driver asked me a totally weird question "What's wrong with the other bus?". Apparently he saw me heading for the first bus, then turned and boarded his bus that was parked behind instead.

Geez, after taking buses in Singapore for so long, it's definately apparent that if the first bus is swarming with school children trying to board it, of course the bus parked behind has a higher chance of moving off first and reaching your destination ealier PLUS it's less crowded. DUH!! Veteren public transport user here....

"I didn't say there was anything wrong with it did I?" was my reply. So that shut him up, and he just issued me my ticket...What an ass.....the last thing I'd have thought was for the bus driver to question my motives on why I boarded the bus, go terrorise somebody else yeah?

The focus group was boring...considering I had so much to say about the pathetic services the current website provides, all I got was some sandwicthes, wraps, an orange juice and a free movie ticket.

Me new Address....

Unit 14
17-21 Villiers Street
Kensington
NSW 2033
Australia

Home: +61 (02)9662-1101 (Eh no phone attached yet)
Mobile: +61 413136940 (SMS me please!)

/me reaches for the pain killers....

Over the Air: Piano Concerto No. 1 - Rachmaninov

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace!