Saturday 4 September 2004

San Mee, Coffee & Hoegaarden


Within a month of working, I've discovered the workaholic in me who stays back to finish up stuff and *GASP* leaves later than 5.30pm.

It was only at the behest of a good friend that I tried very very hard to just stop whatever I was doing and leave early - at 5.45pm.

But I've decided that I don't want to look back many years later and suddenly realize that I haven't a life beyond my cubicle.

So at a whim at 7plus in the early morning, I sms-ed to you-know-who-you-are,

"Wanna do supper tonight?"

Do understand that this was in the context of a substantial number of attempts with various groups of friends to organize last minute gatherings that usually fail to pull through.

Simply because everyone's either got plans or is feeling particular homely that night.

Of course, I'd to be pragmatic by being selective about who I sms-ed - after all, my personal supper mantra is no wheels, no talk :)

As the cosily sheltered bum cum broad-band addict in upper bukit timah demonstrated, thou shalt not meet friends after 9pm unless free transport is provided.

Not to mention that eating carbohydrates after 9pm is the bane of all bride-to-be's and other fervent weight-watchers.

Down at Coffee Club, while you-know-who-you-are was busy making eyes with this cute little babe - literally, a cute little babe sputtering saliva like a crab - I realized that we'd best take advantage of our spouseless and childless status that we're still blissfully enjoying.

Already personal accounts and relayed anecdotes (you know, friend of a friend of a friend) of wedding preparation nightmares and real-life baby blues are trickling in.

Party till thirty, yeah?

5 comments:

Ivan said...

Don't forget, you-know-who-you-are made the cute bugger screaming with joy.

Moral of the Story: Never go out with the creator of LAA Blog. =P

This is Ed said...

Well, I try my best to keep things politically correct. But if anyone's offended, let me know and I'll do the necessary.

Meanwhile, this is a taste of almost real-time reporting for you huh? :)

Disjecta said...

eh...sorry lah! you messaged so early...I was still asleep...i told myself I would sms you guys later...but then I woke up late...had to go teach...and then everything slipped my mind...

I got reminded again..but then I had the gil shaham concert...so sorry!!! I'll buy you all drinks the next time round ok? so terribly sorry!! paiseh....

Disjecta said...

but wait a minute...were you referring to me? I have transport...just that I wasn't home that night...per se...

Lemming said...

Boo!! Hisssss!!! *shakes fist*
*whimper* I want supper too...feeling particularly hungry now, want supper and my thesis isn't going anywhere in particular either....ARGH!

If yer really want real-time blogging, check out Mobile Blogging/moblog (http://radio.weblogs.com/0001161/stories/2003/02/26/mobileBloggingHowtoGuide.html) or the new in-thing (read G-E-E-K!) of Audio Blogging (http://www.audioblogger.com/)!

Just think, Tshush/Ivan could do a record of them trying to pick up japs in..erm..jap!

Well, good news is Blogger already supports moblogging and with the cool state-of-the-art handphones that Singaporeans are known to tout around, you can be sure that somebody has one that does GPRS/GPRS+IR/GPRS+BT and you could either use the phone to type out an e-mail, or use a PDA (or if you're really dated, use an actual laptop) to type out the blog and e-mail it to Blogger!

How you ask?
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=135&query=Mail-to-Blogger&topic=&type=f

Closer to home, Moblog was actually used for NDP 2004 (http://moblog.ndp.org.sg/main/index.asp)

Post a Comment

Say your peace!