Tuesday 27 June 2006

Of Cars and Hedges

Ahh... animations... dun you just love them? And of course, we have the latest in Pixar/Disney vs Dreamworks Animation SKG productions. Namely, Cars vs Over the Hedge.



To me, both animations had their strong point(s), but overall, I felt Cars gave me a larger "another satisfied customer" feeling.. in other words, value for my precious SEVEN SGD!

Here's a quick shootout (IMHO) between them:

Storyline = Cars! (Both had their "moralistic" story to tell.. but Cars put it through more subtly.)
Animation = Over the Hedge! (Rendering Fur physics >>> Rendering Reflective surfaces. 'nuff said.)
Soundtrack = Cars! (Just visit the website links above!)
Humour = Cars! (See below for more!)

There you have it! And as I'll elaborate... Cars took the humour category for me cuz of the "Pixar Short" (One Man Band) preceding the actual movie. If you haven't seen the movie, you might want to take a look at the short below to see what I'm getting at. And if you have seen the movie, well, sometimes it's good to see it again isn't it?

Enjoy then, courtesy of 'higuizmo' who uploaded it to 'Dailymotion' (Another one of them video upload sites like Youtube, VeOh, etc.)




-Cal-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace!