Wednesday 16 February 2005

Earth Movement

It was 4.46am in the morning. As usual, i was half awake thanks to a very active mind. i was half dreaming of *censored*.

Then, the room shook. The first thing i thought about is not to run, but Jared's waterbed post. I felt like sleeping on a slab of jelly. 19 people reportedly got lightly injured in Tokyo area. Some apparently fell out of bed. hmm. but they had magnitude 5 out of 7. so can't blame them.

It wasn't violent. My Gundam Seed figurine still stood up, but my BB gun almost dropped to the floor. a mild 3 out of a scale of 7. They use a different scale called the "shindo", which is what people feel at that particular location, as compared to the richter scale.



Then i thought. Dang. If it was a big one, i would have to survive on 2 litres of coke, a few packets of caramel popcorn and lots of chocolates. (in the cupboard..heh) Oh. My Kueh Bankit and pineapple tarts are on the table. But i do have to hide UNDER the table, which housed 2 litre bottles of walster sauce, 1 litre bottle of soy sauce, a dustbin and a keyboard. So much for survival. I think its about time to re-org my little bomb shelter.
Anyway, went back to my dream since no one (the japanese) bothered to run.

The next aftershock today was in the office. The 2nd-in-charge looked at me and i looked at him. No sparks or chemistry flew between us. Thank goodness. A small one.

Well, i finally felt it. After 3 months of "missing out". But that is enough for me for this Japan trip.

2 comments:

Lemming said...

Most hilarious!!

Bah, the only thing interesting was the plane took 20mins to taxi over to the other side of the ECP via the aerobridge.

They served ham crossiant for supper and chives omellete for breakkie,

Got some fam ams and requested for some biscuits in between.

Watched Shall we Dance and Vanity Fair on the flight coz they didn't have Racing Stripes. They DID have the complete LOTR trilogy though, erm...extended I do not know.

[sings] I hear the earth, move, under my feet [/sings]

Calvin *Rowf* said...

Hoho!! I just watched the news and suddenly realised that that was actually what T3 meant when he said "Ghost rocked my bed last night" on MSN... hahah!

And hear I was thinking he got all lucky with some jap gal...*wink* Man, what was I thinking??! Haha!

Anyway, glad to hear both u dudes are safe and sound!

And yes, Ben, glad u're safely back in Oz too!

Post a Comment

Say your peace!